EmberGen: A Real-Time Fluid Simulation Tool for VFX Artists (ALPHA RELEASED!)
It’s been 2 years since we launched our first tool, VectorayGen 81, and now it tackling a much bigger issue that has plagued your workflow since the dawn of VFX… Fluid Simulations!
jangafx excited to showcase the latest progress on EmberGen 152 – A standalone real-time fluid simulation tool built specifically for real-time VFX Artists. Yes indeed, it’s the first fluid simulation tool built specifically for people like us! Please note everything is still a work in progress.
No more waiting for 12 hours for a render to finish, and no more being sad that it didn’t look good, because you have to redo everything.
1st MVP Release Features Will Include:
- Real-time 3D volumetric simulations.
- Real-time WYSIWYG viewport, complete with volumetric lighting & shadows
- Ability to color fluids via custom gradients.
- Intuitive node graph editor and parameter timeline.
- Fluid caching system to allow you to scrub through simulations.
- Instant game ready flipbook generation.
- All the data you need: Motion vectors, normal maps, temperature maps, and more.
- Vector field velocity injection to make fluids bend to your will. (Yay! VectorayGen is still relevant <3)
- In-software flipbook preview system.
- A plethora of presets to learn from.
- Ability to run on a GTX 1050 and above.
- Voxel resolutions up to 512x512x512 – Runs fast on a GTX 2080 Ti, chugs (10-15fps) on a GTX 1080.
- Target resolution of 256x256x256.