Artist Manager at Animal Logic
We are seeking an Artist Manager who will work with artists to manage their career development, performance, and opportunities within the studio!
What you’ll get to do:
- Provide leadership and advocacy for the Artists, including representing the group and individual needs to production & studio management, supporting career development, and ensuring resources are provided
- Foster and support a positive, collaborative and productive culture within the department; take steps to ensure that Artists feel connected to the studio
- Work closely with Recruiting to ensure they have appropriate position briefs and updates on projections
- Ensure a regular assessment of salaries is conducted across the Artist group
- Ensure Artists receive clear and regular performance feedback, providing positive recognition as well as addressing areas for improvement and development
- Conduct formal performance reviews for all Artists, with input from supervisors and production management
- Identify training needs and skills gaps in partnership with the Learning and Development Manager
- Ensure contract management is carried out in a timely manner, and that Artists are kept abreast of the forecasted needs where possible
- Establish and maintain an appropriate level of communication with all crew members to establish confidence and trust
- Communicate related Company plans and objectives back to the Artists
- Consult and work with HR on employee issues
What you bring:
- Previous experience managing a team or teams of people in a creative or production environment
- Previous experience working in the Animation and Visual Effects industry with direct involvement in hiring, onboarding, managing Artists
- Experience in a large global studio preferable
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments and levels; ability to empathise and resolve conflicts
- Experience in managing the annual performance and compensation reviews, contract renewals, salary negotiations and promotions
- Experience providing feedback and constructive criticism in a respectful and effective manner within a professional setting
- Previous experience successfully working with multiple stakeholders and balancing differing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround
- Excellent attention to detail
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.