We are seeking an Artist Manager who will work with artists to manage their career development, performance, and opportunities within the studio!
What you’ll get to do:
- Provide leadership and advocacy for the Artists, including representing the group and individual needs to production & studio management, supporting career development, and ensuring resources are provided
- Foster and support a positive, collaborative and productive culture within the department; take steps to ensure that Artists feel connected to the studio
- Work closely with Recruiting to ensure they have appropriate position briefs and updates on projections
- Ensure a regular assessment of salaries is conducted across the Artist group
- Ensure Artists receive clear and regular performance feedback, providing positive recognition as well as addressing areas for improvement and development
- Conduct formal performance reviews for all Artists, with input from supervisors and production management
- Identify training needs and skills gaps in partnership with the Learning and Development Manager
- Ensure contract management is carried out in a timely manner, and that Artists are kept abreast of the forecasted needs where possible
- Establish and maintain an appropriate level of communication with all crew members to establish confidence and trust
- Communicate related Company plans and objectives back to the Artists
- Consult and work with HR on employee issues
What you bring:
- Previous experience managing a team or teams of people in a creative or production environment
- Previous experience working in the Animation and Visual Effects industry with direct involvement in hiring, onboarding, managing Artists
- Experience in a large global studio preferable
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments and levels; ability to empathise and resolve conflicts
- Experience in managing the annual performance and compensation reviews, contract renewals, salary negotiations and promotions
- Experience providing feedback and constructive criticism in a respectful and effective manner within a professional setting
- Previous experience successfully working with multiple stakeholders and balancing differing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround
- Excellent attention to detail
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.