Autodesk releases 3ds Max Asset Library 1.5
Autodesk has released 3ds Max Asset Library 1.5, the latest version of its free 3ds Max add-on for browsing 3D content across both a local machine and a network in a single view.
‘Deep search’ for suitable assets across your entire network
The add-on enables users to ‘deep search’ for suitable assets using properties like face count, renderer type, or the versions of 3ds Max they support; and import, merge or XRef them into a Max scene.
If you use 3ds Max 2017.1 or above, you can even drag and drop images onto map slots in the material editor.
The Autodesk® 3ds Max® Asset Library allows you to quickly access 3D content on your local computer and network in a single view, making all content instantly searchable. After finding the perfect asset, you can decide how it works once added to the scene through Xref, merge or replace.
- NEW in 1.5! Added new online store: CGTrader!
- NEW in 1.5! Revised UI style to match 3ds Max
- Apply tags to any asset (searchable with tag: and tags: prefixes)
- Apply custom thumbnails to any asset and allow them to be the default thumbnail in the main panel
- Preview dependency status of assets in the preview panel
- View 3ds Max file thumbnails natively in the asset panel (#1 requested user feature)
- The Dependency Manager can re-path multiple 3ds Max file dependencies at once across many folders.
- View many types of image formats directly in the asset panel (check known issues for formats not supported)
- Deep search of 3ds Max files by stats such as face count, renderer type, version, and more! (Check the help docs linked in the app for more info.)
- Deep search of many image files by available properties such as resolution and bit depth.
- Added a quick-start guide
- Drag and drop images directly into material editor map slots (requires 3ds Max 2017 Update 1)
- Creative Market – Search thousands of high quality 3D assets**
- Object Paint 3D files by simple drag and drop into 3ds Max scene
- 3ds Max file details available
- Collection files (.3dsmal) are viewable and can be added via drag and drop inside the app
- Specify download folder
- Add Location/Save dialog updated
- Create Collections to share with co-workers or other computers when you have Asset Library installed.
- Thumbnail UI update to easier scanning of content file formats.
- Added search history list.
- Quickly add local or network folders of asset locations to be indexed for fast searching
- Use file format Filters to display only the types of files you want to see
- Merge, Xref Scene, or Replace content in your current 3ds Max session.
- Import method for any non 3ds Max file type that is supported by 3ds Max.
- Drag and Drop images into viewports as environment backgrounds or onto objects as material diffuse maps.
About This Version
Version 1.5.41, 4/21/2017