Cinesite London is seeking Lighting Look Development Artists to join our VFX team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for visual effects and the process of creating photo-realistic imagery.
- You will be defining and setting up the look for photo realistic assets and shots using commercial and proprietary software, within Cinesite’s pipeline.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Thorough knowledge of Maya, Nuke and experience of working with Mari.
- A strong understanding of texturing techniques and rendering/shader network construction principles.
- Experience in creating photorealistic CG environments and assets for visual effects.
- Knowledge of rendering with Arnold (an advantage)
- Knowledge of Python/Mel (an advantage but no essential)
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to trouble shoot pipeline issues as well as being able to resolve lookdev specific technical challenges independently
- Proven skills in setting up light rigs to ensure consistency and continuity of lighting across shots sharing similar assets and/or environments
- Experience and understanding of PBR techniques and workflow
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
Cinesite work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.